Re: Forms question

From: Sybrand Bakker <>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 23:27:11 +0200

[Quoted] On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 20:07:34 +0000 (UTC), "Rob H" <> wrote:

>What version of Oracle database to which version of Oracle database can
>Forms 5 run against, and the same for Forms 6 and 6i? At present we have
>Oracle 8.0.5 database with Forms 5. Tried looking on metalink and archived
>documents but cant seem to find anything
>Thanks in advance

Which is logical: Both products have been desupported several years ago and Oracle is a commercial, not an archeological venture. 6i should run against 8i and 9i, 8i is going to be desupported end of this year.
Newer versions of Developer don't support client/server anymore, 6i is the last to support c/s

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA