Re: Embedded SQL vs Stored Procedures

From: Jeff <jeff_at_work.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2004 13:55:22 GMT

How complex the operations are and how often they will be done would be determining factors for me. In most senarios, SP are more efficient... so unless the operations are extremely simplistic, like one or two statements... or too complex, requiring too many outside parameters, and/or they are very rarely done, such that maintaining a SP seems like overkill, I'd choose using a SP or package.

Long response made short, IMHO, use a SP. Received on Wed Sep 08 2004 - 08:55:22 CDT