Re: mod_plsql vs java-based apps ++ mod_owa

From: pstnotpd <schoenmakers_at_tpd.tno.nl>
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2004 16:35:42 +0200

Mark C. Stock wrote:

> mod_plsql issue: portability, proprietary -- although mod_owa
> (http://www.sharemation.com/~dmcmahon/modowa.htm) may be able to handle some
> scenarios (anyone ever try this?)
Don't think so, not if you're switching webserver as well (apache to IIS in my case). Anyway, mod_plsql is available in the database installation apache webserver, so what would be the point of this mod_owa?

I've heard of an IIS plugin for mod_plsql but never tried it.

> pl/sql issue, regardless of presentation layer -- although this could be
> minimized
As mod_plsql is the presentation layer and this only works on oracle, what do you mean by minimized?

I guess a pro is that the DB backup procedures would apply for mod_plsql stuff as well. Received on Wed Sep 01 2004 - 16:35:42 CEST

Original text of this message