Re: mod_plsql vs java-based apps ++ mod_owa

From: Mark C. Stock <mcstockX_at_Xenquery>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 10:02:02 -0400

"pstnotpd" <> wrote in message news:ch4jug$410$
| I did a lot of mod_plsql stuff and never found it a problem. Especially
| if you're well versed in pl/sql it's a breeze. Did all the coding in
| TOAD, tended to avoid all the tag specific stuff and just used plain
| 'htp.p'.
| Lately we decided to switch application server and had to do a lot of
| rewriting.

[Quoted] mod_plsql issue: portability, proprietary -- although mod_owa ( may be able to handle some scenarios (anyone ever try this?)

| Same would go for changing DB, so I tend to lean towards java
| for this reason alone.

[Quoted] [Quoted] pl/sql issue, regardless of presentation layer -- although this could be minimized Received on Wed Sep 01 2004 - 16:02:02 CEST

Original text of this message