Re: mod_plsql vs java-based apps
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2004 13:01:19 GMT
Mark C. Stock wrote:
> Soliciting opinions on the pros & cons of mod_plsql-based application vs a
> java-based application.
> I'm sure there's a few opinions out there...
> ++ mcs
I'd think we need a better handle on the environment to give a meaningful discussion. I'd expect a proper answer would involve the following, and a lot more (encouraging expansion of list):
- is everything hand coded or are IDEs involved [Quoted]
- do we allow JSP & PL/SQL SP [Quoted]
- what, if any, code is in place in either language [Quoted]
- what is the ratio of database intensive work to 'computational' [Quoted]
- can we utilize existing DB packages and suppied procedures
/Hans Received on Wed Sep 01 2004 - 15:01:19 CEST