Re: mod_plsql vs java-based apps

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_yahoo.net>
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2004 13:01:19 GMT

Mark C. Stock wrote:

> Soliciting opinions on the pros & cons of mod_plsql-based application vs a
> java-based application.
>
> I'm sure there's a few opinions out there...
>
> ++ mcs

I'd think we need a better handle on the environment to give a meaningful discussion. I'd expect a proper answer would involve the following, and a lot more (encouraging expansion of list):

  • is everything hand coded or are IDEs involved [Quoted]
  • do we allow JSP & PL/SQL SP [Quoted]
  • what, if any, code is in place in either language [Quoted]
  • what is the ratio of database intensive work to 'computational' [Quoted]
  • can we utilize existing DB packages and suppied procedures

/Hans Received on Wed Sep 01 2004 - 15:01:19 CEST

Original text of this message