Re: management server hangs

From: Pete's <empete2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 28 Jul 2004 06:53:16 -0700

"SP" <chyantoo_at_yahoo.DOTcom> wrote in message news:<u0nNc.370$uf3.177_at_newsread1.mlpsca01.us.to.verio.net>...
> We've it in red hat 2.4.9-e.34smp. The repository RDBMS version 9.2.0.4 is
> in the same machine. Once in a while management server hangs the effect of
> which all the jobs/tasks fails. Don't know whether it's the management
> server itself or the agent in the nodes that is causing the node. I'm
> thinking of setting up a crontab job "oemctl ping oms" every hour or so and
> mailing it if the command fails. Has anyone implemented this? or is there
> any other way to check if the management server status in a regular basis.
> TIA,
> SP

[Quoted] [Quoted] I've had OMS hang on me when trying to shut it down. I was shutting down the DB daily for backup, but, decided that it was weekly should be ok since I was exporting my rman repository I stuck in there. I've never implemented the ping you're doing. You could have also done a ps -ef | grep Oem. Also there's a jre process to go along with the OemLaunch.

HTH,
Pete's Received on Wed Jul 28 2004 - 15:53:16 CEST

Original text of this message