management server hangs

From: SP <chyantoo_at_yahoo.DOTcom>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 17:00:05 -0700

[Quoted] We've it in red hat 2.4.9-e.34smp. The repository RDBMS version 9.2.0.4 is in the same machine. Once in a while management server hangs the effect of which all the jobs/tasks fails. Don't know whether it's the management server itself or the agent in the nodes that is causing the node. I'm thinking of setting up a crontab job "oemctl ping oms" every hour or so and mailing it if the command fails. Has anyone implemented this? or is there any other way to check if the management server status in a regular basis. TIA,
SP Received on Tue Jul 27 2004 - 02:00:05 CEST

Original text of this message