Re: is oracle a programming language

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_yahoo.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 01:33:06 GMT

Ana C. Dent wrote:

> From my perspective any programming "language" where every statement
> is executed once & only once for each invocation is a sorry excuse
> for a programming "language"; but yes SQL can be programmed to do
> useful functions.

FLip side - any language which requires avoiding good mathematical set theory ... :Q

I suppose you can do some useful things in languages like Perl, C, Java, Visual Basic and their derivatives ... But look at the cost to society: we've created new Billionaires just trying to cover up the mistakes created by the previous set. At least with SQL you have to think for a while before you make a mistake <g> Received on Fri Jul 23 2004 - 03:33:06 CEST

Original text of this message