Re: Connection tunneling

From: KasztelaNn <kasztelann_at_gazeta.pl>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 08:35:01 +0200

> > I think SSH, Ora.Conn.Manager etc. are not suitable solutions becuse
there
> > is no access to Oracle Server from WEB.
> >
> > I think that topology must be configured in this way:
> >
> > C1 -> WS <- C2 -> S
> >
> > C1 - client in LAN 1
> > WS - web server (proxy)
> > C2 - client in LAN 2
> > S - Oracle Server
> >
> > WS cannot connect directly to S, but C2 can connect to WS and to S, so
maybe
> > it can works as some kind of proxy.
>
> It depends on what type of client you run on C2. Normally one would expect
> web browser that accesses WS. Normally WS would access S. In that setup
> tunneling is no problem at all. Just give the WS the entry point of an ssh
> tunnel (connect to localhost:XXXX) put the tunnel through to the listener
> address on S.

WS has NO access to S, because S is IN LAN and does not 'see' Internet (no public IP).
WS is not 'classic' web server it is just host (Windows) with public IP address - I can install
there something.
WS has also NO access to C2, which is in LAN without public IP. So, C2 can connect
(initiate connection) to WS, but WS cannot connect to C2.

> Maybe C2 runs a fat java application that is able to connect both WS and
S.
> Possible but likely ? I don't know.
C2 is normal PC (Windows). Yes it can access WS (via Internet) and S (via LAN). I can do everything on C1,WS,C2. I can do nothing on S and LAN configuration (rooters,switches,firewalls...).

regards,
KasztelaNn Received on Tue Jul 20 2004 - 08:35:01 CEST

Original text of this message