Re: Problems to store pictures in Forms 9 or 10?

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_yahoo.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2004 14:33:15 GMT

Manfred Fischer wrote:

> I've created a small forms to access the following test table.
>
> create table video(
> vnr integer primary key,
> vpic blob -- or long raw, same problem
> )
>
> with forms 9 or 10 i want to insert a vnr and a picture, the picture is
> jpeg which i copied from a picture viewer. I want to paste that picture in
> a 9 or 10 forms. no paste function is available (grey and locked)
> With forms 6 no problems. I can view pictures with forms 9 or 10, which
> where inserted before with the help of forms6 application.
>
> any idea?
>
> -manfis-

From a database perspective ....

Oracle's Intermedia - a bundle of procedures and object types that is included with the ORacle8/8i/9i/10g core - is designed to do exactly this.

No need to reinvent the wheel if you saunter over to the Oracle documentation at http://docs.oracle.com and read up about intermedia.

From a Forms perspective ...

Look at the samples and discussion at
http://otn.oracle.com/sample_code/products/forms/index.html

HTH
/Hans Received on Sun Jul 18 2004 - 16:33:15 CEST

Original text of this message