Re: Oracle 8i and Forms Listener Servlet.

From: Ana C. Dent <anacedent_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 01:50:45 GMT

<gbarbour_at_csc.com> wrote in news:40f7854e$1_1_at_baen1673807.greenlnk.net:

> Question for you good folks.
> RDBS : Oracle 8i
> Forms 6i
> HTTP : IIS
>
> We have had problems with a legacy Forms 6i application dropping out
> with FRM-92100 errors recently.
> Oracle suggest upgrading to 9iAS and using the Forms Listener Servlet,
> in order to make the application more robust.
>
> Was the Forms Listener Servlet and therefore the <NETWORKRETRIES>
> parameter ever available for the Forms 6i/Oracle 8i combination or is
> it strictly a 9iAS feature?

The problem statement is at best ambiguous. 9iAS R1 or R2?
Forms 6i can be run in Client/server mode or via Webforms. Forms Listener Servlet is ONLY avialable with 9iAS R2 & WebForms. Forms Listener Servlet has no <NETWORKRETRIES> parameter (AFAIK), because SQL*Net is not used between the end user & 9iAS; only HTTP[S].

http://metalink.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/ml2_documents.showDocument?p_data base_id=NOT&p_id=189867.1 Received on Sat Jul 17 2004 - 03:50:45 CEST

Original text of this message