Re: Forms menus - newbie question

From: S. Stolpe <sstolpe_at_gmx.de>
Date: 14 Jul 2004 23:39:18 -0700

"C.O.Jones" <nospam.ple_at_se> wrote in message news:<JclJc.3453$eg4.42429507_at_news-text.cableinet.net>...
> Hi, I'm learning Forms programming. I'm having trouble with menus.
> I've created a set of menus, but I can't make them appear in my
> forms application
>
> I've called the menu set MAIN_MENU_SET, the top level menu is
> MAIN_MENU, with menus FILE, EDIT, TOOLS, DATA, HELP.
>
> The forms application is called MRD.
>
> The book gives the following instructions:
>
> - Save and generate the menu module and open the MRD form.
>
> 1) Double click the form module icon to the left of MRD module
> to display its properties window.
>
> 2) set the Menu Module to thename of the menu you just saved
> followed by the extension .MMX.
>
> I think I've followed the instructions, generate the menu module, I presume
> that means use Program/ compile selection. I've done that.
>
> I've set Menu Module to MAIN_MENU_SET.MMX and run the application,
> but the menus don't appear, I just have a single menu 'Window'
>
> I've tried various other things, I noted that there was no file called
> main_menu_set.mmx, but there is one with the extension mmb, so I tried that
> with the same result.
>
> What am I doing wrong here please?

Hi,
it seems to me as if you haven't yet compiled your menu main_menu_set.mmx as you said that there isn't any file with .mmx - the file with the .mmb extension is the uncompiled version of your menu.

Try to compile your menu again with ctrl-t. If it compiles but still doesn't show up in your directory check whether the .mmx files was stored in another directory. you can set the path of this directory in the property list of the form as wll.

hth
Susanne Stolpe Received on Thu Jul 15 2004 - 08:39:18 CEST

Original text of this message