Re: changing open_cursor in TOAD

From: dbyy <dbyy_at_nirvana.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2004 07:41:06 -0400

[Quoted] sybrandb_at_yahoo.com wrote:

> dbyy <dbyy_at_nirvana.com> wrote in message news:<24IGc.22790$WM5.1031968_at_news20.bellglobal.com>...
>

>>hi everyone,
>>
>>I wonder whether someone can tell me - I'm sure someone can :-) -,
>>why I can change the open cursor in one installation through TOAD
>>and in another install I can't.
>>These are two totally different installations.
>>One install is Oracle 9.2 (can change cursors) the other one is Oracle
>>V 8.1.5 (can't change cursors).
>>
>>Same is when I try to change the cursors through SQL*Plus, one is
>>working, the other is not.
>>
>>I assume at the end it's the installation of Oracle.
>>One install (V 9.2 which is working) I did by myself (default install),
>>the other was installed by someone else (seems to me is a customized
>>install) and possibly not proper installed.
>>
>>Might be someone can point me to the problem.
>>
>>Any help much appreciated.
>>
>>Tkx
>>
>>Fred
>

> In Oracle 9i you have the option to change dynamically almost all parameters.
> This is a new feature of 9i.
> And Oracle 8.1.5 was desupported in the previous century.
>
> Sybrand Bakker
> Senior Oracle DBA

Thank you Sybrand for your reply.
The reason to talk about Oracle 8.1.5 is, because there are companies out there that still using older version of a database system (and V 8.1.5 is still available on Oracle's website).

[Quoted] Do I have to understand your posting so that open_cursors can't be changed on Oracle V 8.1.5 through TOAD or SQL*Plus ?

[Quoted] Thanks for taking the time..

Regards
Fred Received on Wed Jul 07 2004 - 13:41:06 CEST

Original text of this message