Re: Fast simultaneous export and import

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_nospam.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2004 19:23:42 +0200

On Sat, 03 Jul 2004 17:16:20 +0200, Enrico Chiesa <support_at_front-row-seat.com> wrote:

>Hello.
>
>We have developed a simple script that imports data into a database B
>during the export from A, i.e. simultaneously. You save hours and hours
>of time!
>
>Regards
>Enrico
>
>http://www.front-row-seat.com/html/daily_oracle_life.html

It appears your post is spam. Please post in the appropiate newsgroup for commercial activities, news:comp.databases.oracle.marketplace

Yet I wouldn't recommend this approach to anyone, as it is likely inconsistent with respect to the datadictionary (which is both being selected from and update into) and Oracle probably won't support this approach.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA