REP-736 message - where do I look next?

From: Sally Pearce <sally.pearce_at_ncr.com.banspam>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 13:12:49 +0100

our current set up is:
Oracle 7.3.4 :-(
Reports 2.5 :-(
[Quoted] Unix V rel 4.0

[Quoted] I'm all too aware that we're in the stone age, as far as versions are concerned, but there's not a lot I can do about it at the moment, so I'm having to live with it.

The problem is that I'm required to modify a report that currently runs perfectly on production (same versions of everything as the test server) but, when I copy it over to the test server, so that I can see how long it [Quoted] takes to run before I fiddle with it I get the message: REP-0736: There exist uncompiled program unit(s) Ok, I thought, maybe our test database isn't the same as the production base so I cloned test from production
same message REP-0736: There exist uncompiled program unit(s) [Quoted] OK, maybe I'm running the wrong version of the report or copied it over in [Quoted] ascii mode, so I ftp over the report from the production server again (making sure I use the bin option)
same message REP-0736: There exist uncompiled program unit(s) Hmm, maybe I'm picking up an old version of the report from somewhere else on the server.
[Quoted] Ran 'find' on the server - no other copies of the report anywhere. I then copied the report over to a different test server, running the same [Quoted] *nix flavour, same Oracle and reports version, and the report runs with no errors. . . . .
[Quoted] Tried technet - no useful hits on REP-0736 (probably because the reports version is too old?) except for where it specifically related to a report in [Quoted] an Oracle application and suggested that copying without using the bin option might be the source of the problem. Tried tahiti.oracle.com with the same search - no hits found.

Does anyone have any idea what might be up or suggestions as to where to look next. I must be doing something daft but am stumped as to what it could be.

TIA Sally Received on Fri Jul 02 2004 - 14:12:49 CEST

Original text of this message