Feedback: How can I convert my Oracle 6i App to the Web Quickly (???)

From: ptreves <ptreves_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: 28 Jun 2004 03:56:14 -0700

Hello again,

Hello,

Wow...........2 hours of work only.
I am spending hours and hours pouring through technical white papers from the Oracle Web site over this...........

With 7 reports and 43 forms, don't need to replace the RUN_PRODUCT calls to RUN_REPORT_OBJECT and OPEN_FORMS ?? For each of the 7 reports and form to form calls.( ?? )

Reading through the Oracle 6i Migration Guide to Oracle 9i, there is a whole bunch of stuff to look for............compilation/runtime errors !!!

I even heard to watch for USER_EXITS ??

I know I have to configure the Forms Server Services for my Application....

Is there a better way ?
Is this kind of automotated already by the Forms Developer from Oracle 9i ?

Also ever heard of something called WebUtil and FMA (Form Migration Assistant). DO I need that stuff or what ?

Appreciate your feedback..

Regards,

Paolo Received on Mon Jun 28 2004 - 12:56:14 CEST

Original text of this message