Re: difference between SQl*plus and Sql*plus worksheet !?

From: Open Wound <openwound5000_at_aol.com>
Date: 27 Jun 2004 20:41:37 -0700

"Inki" <inkimar_1968_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<LJyDc.293$vH5.121_at_amstwist00>...
> Hello,
>
> A Q from a newbee on oracle here.
> I do have access to the tool SQL*plus today, the disadvantage there is that
> I only have one pane/window where my
> Questions and Answers are seen, I have seen a tool that you have two panes /
> one upper and one lower - the questions are raised in the upper and answers
> given in the lower. What tool is that ?

There are several such tools. SQL*Plus Worksheet is one. (Underneath the covers SQL*Plus Worksheet actually runs SQL*Plus.) Another is Oracle Enterprise Manager Java Console. Right-click on a database node and choose the "SQL Scratchpad" command. This tool has the ability to show execution plans graphically, if you are trying to tune SQL.

You can also try free third-party tools such as Toad and SQLpal. See http://www.toadsoft.com/ for Toad and http://www.sqlpal.com for SQLpal.

> If I do want to create procedures, which tool should I use ?
>
> Best regards, i

You can edit stored procedures in Oracle Enterprise Manager, Oracle JDeveloper, Toad, or SQLpal. Received on Sun Jun 27 2004 - 22:41:37 CDT