Re: Win XP + Oracle Forms/Reports 6i

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_yahoo.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 23:57:24 GMT

ptreves wrote:

> I have heard that Windows XP is not a certificed operating system
> with Oracle Forms/Reports 6i. Can anyone confirm this to me ?

First thing we need is 'Which Windows XP'. (I suspect WinXP Home, as people who use Professional usually are knowledgeable enough specify.)

Oracle has stated they will not certify any Oracle product on XP Home. This has been discussed many times in this list.

Oracle HAS certified 6i with Patch 13 on XP Pro. I note however that you have to ask about certification. Certify is an app in Metalink (available on every page). I suspect you do not have access to Metalink and therefore no access to the patch.

/Hans Received on Sun Jun 27 2004 - 18:57:24 CDT