Re: difference between SQl*plus and Sql*plus worksheet !?

From: Inki <inkimar_1968_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 16:26:21 +0200

Thanks daniel.

I have Windows at the moment, trying out Toad. If I use notepad, do you mean that I should compile my procedure from the command line ?
If I do write a block in notepad, let say the following: begin
dbms_output.put_line('hello');
end;

How do I execute this block ?
seen in my help -> Contact your Oracle DBA to make sure the DBMS_OUTPUT package is enabled on your database.
Should I add this somewhere from the 'Oracle enterprise manager' ?

regards, i

ps.
Did install oracle 10g. I do not see sql*plus worksheet anywhere. must one download and install that tool on its own ? ds