Re: Installing Oracle tools

From: anacedent <anacedent_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 18:56:03 -0700

C.O.Jones wrote:

> "anacedent" <anacedent_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message
>

>>When all else fails, RTFM!
>>What part of "Oracle Developer suite 10g cannot be installed into an
>>existing Oracle 9i 9.2.0.1.0 or higher Oracle Home" do you NOT understand?

> Since I have to spell it out :
>
> Q1) What forms tool CAN I install into 9i 9.2.0.1.0
>
> or, alternatively :
>
> Q2) what type of Oracle software should I install to use Oracle Developer
> 10g
>

> and in either case, where do I get it?
Products can be downloaded from http://otn.oracle.com

Oracle Doc. sets can be found at http://tahiti.oracle.com

Each Oracle s/w product needs to be installed into/under its own "Oracle Home" tree.

For example you could have V9.0.1.5, V9.2.05 & V10.0.1 database versions all installed on the same computer system each under their own ORACLE_HOME tree.

You simply do NOT install "Forms" into a "database". Forms can inter-operate against any number of versions of Oracle databases "concurrently" (one DB per each login session).

The Oracle product compatibilty info is available at http://metalink.oracle.com Received on Fri Jun 25 2004 - 03:56:03 CEST

Original text of this message