Re: French accents

From: G Dahler <yellow-shark_at_spamex.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 12:50:53 -0400

"c w" <c.wyke_at_sympatico.ca> a écrit dans le message de news:vgvAc.50918$7H1.1726449_at_news20.bellglobal.com...
> Using Oracle 9i, Pro*C and Excel. I am trying to print french accents from
> the Oracle DB
> using Pro*C to extract the necessary info and sent the result to Excel but
> at the moment
> I cannot get the accents to show in Excel. The NLS_LANG is America.
> Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Can you see the accented characters from SQL*Plus on the windows client ?

Try AMERICAN_AMERICA.WE8ISO8859P1 as NLS_LANG.

Of course, this assumes that your database char set is ISO8859P1

If your DB is in US7ASCII, tough luck, no accents ! Received on Wed Jun 23 2004 - 18:50:53 CEST

Original text of this message