Re: Free database tools announcements - invitation to discussion

From: jhking <jhking_at_airmail.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 12:03:50 -0500

> I agree. But if we don't fight for something we abandon all hope.
>
> So here's my challenge. If we open it up to ALL tool vendors then
> I presume you have no objection to IBM, Microsoft, Sybase, Computer
> Associates, BMC, Quest, etc. using our forum to support their products
> too? Is that correct?
>
> How about Business Objects and Crystal Reports
> How about Brio and Cognos
> How about ... need I go on?
>
> You can't write a rule that says big commercial companies excluded.

We're not discussing limits vs. no limits, we're discussing what the limits should be. As far as 3rd party vendors and connections to Oracle , sometimes this might be the best group, but if I have a VB to Oracle question I think I'd start with the VB groups first. If somebody from MSFT or CA answers questions related to their products they've helped solve a poster's problem and that's a good thing. If they want to announce FREE seminars or products, I can live with that. If they want to come in here and sell things, that's what c.d.o.marketplace is for (imho). Received on Wed Jun 23 2004 - 19:03:50 CEST

Original text of this message