Re: Import Designer 2000 Web PLSQLs into Designer 9i

From: Raz <raviprasad.cadambi_at_wipro.com>
Date: 23 Jun 2004 02:04:30 -0700

[Quoted] Jeez, this indeed is a mess!

[Quoted] There is no trace of the earlier repository anywhere :( Also we are planning to move this application onto entirely new machines and will be creating the database afresh in which case i guess we have only the folliwng options. 1. Create a new repository and create the application from scratch using Designer 9i. This will take a considerable amount of work assuming we have sufficient knowledge of the screens and database. Thankfully the application as such is not humongous. 2. Compile all designer built in packages (WSGL,WSGLM,WSGFL,WSGJSL and associated objects) and designer application packages onto the Oracle 9i database, directly edit the packages using standard PL/SQL editors (changes are not minor but manageable) and compile the same. This as pointed out will be regular PL/SQLs with no designer fucntionality.

the second option is a crude way of doing things but will reduce effort (&costs), provided it works and there are no incomptibilies inbetween. In the end again, we will not have a repository and the same problems will continue if future enhancements are made.

But then will such a thing work, as we will not be using the Designer toolset to code/install any of the objects, also would additional configurations be required on the Web Server apart from setting up the mod_plsql to listen to SQL requests?

Have heard of a something of a Web PL/SQL toolkit.Can that help me in any way here?

Thank Raz