Re: Oracle Forms 6 : Best way to do multiple row validation ?

From: Sam Iam <>
Date: 11 Jun 2004 14:26:16 -0700

Tiago Rocha <> wrote in message news:<>...
> On 10 Jun 2004 14:02:04 -0700, (Sam Iam) wrote:
> >I often have data blocks where I need to validate columns across
> >multiple rows for situations where like a user must rank items & there
> >should be no gaps & no duplicates.
> >
> >What's the best place to put this multi-row validation ?
> Key-Commit trigger on form level. It allows restricted built-ins. All you need is browse the block
> and give an error message if anything is not right or commit if everything's right.
> hth

Thanks for your reply.

I found a way that's close to what I want using post-forms-commit trigger but I really want a method that fires as soon as the user tries to leave a data block where they've entered invalid data.

[Quoted] It sounds like the Key-Commit method you mention would be similar to post-forms-commit and not fire right after a user leaves the data block. Received on Fri Jun 11 2004 - 23:26:16 CEST

Original text of this message