TOAD behavior on DB with charset=UTF8

From: cekcool <ekchong_at_infopro.com.my>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 06:00:38 -0400

Hi,

[Quoted] [Quoted] I had installed an Oracle RDBMS 9.2.0.4 (linux) with character set=UTF8.

On the other hand, my workstation is set to NLS_LANG=SIMPLIFIED CHINESE_CHINA.ZHS16CGB231280. By using TOAD ver 7.3, whenever i click on any item (ie table, procedure, etc) in schema browser window, it will return the following err:

ORA-01460: unimplemented or unreasonable conversion requested

This will happens to all other charset, except UTF8. Could any one thell me why? Or, i should UTF8 charset when connecting to DB via TOAD?

Regars,
cekcool Received on Thu Jun 10 2004 - 12:00:38 CEST

Original text of this message