Access to XML data with OO4O using Oracle 9i Release 2

From: powerrng <wohlstandswampe_at_lycos.de>
Date: 7 Jun 2004 10:10:05 -0700

I have some problems to retrieve and manipulate xml data with OO4O(Oracle Objects for OLE).I create a vb application which send a SQL statement to the database. I use following code:

Dim mySession As OraSession
Dim myDatabase As OraDatabase
Dim myDynaset As OraDynaset

Set mySession = New OraSessionClass
Set myDatabase = MySession.OpenDatabase("XMLDEMO_HEIPC80442", "scott/tiger", 0&)

sql = "select extract(e.dfile,'//MachineType[_at_text=""SM_52""]/CurveType[@text=""presetting""]') from xmltest e"

Set myDynaset = myDatabase.CreateDynaset(sql, 0&) ...

In the last call, CreateDynaset(), the application breaks down with Error 04976 -> Creating OraObject instance in client-side object cache has failed. What can I do? Did I
forget some paramaters which I have to be set? Received on Mon Jun 07 2004 - 19:10:05 CEST

Original text of this message