Re: migration from access to oracle

From: armin walland <geschrei_at_gmx.at>
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2004 23:25:26 GMT

sonika <sonika_sehrawat_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
>> > Microsoft products are notorious for turning carriage returns into
>> > separate records during an export.
>> > What you are seeing is the string from the Access memo field prior
>> > to the first carriage return.
>> > Can you confirm this? And if this isn't the case we need to know a
>> > lot more about how you are stepping through moving the data. Tools,
>> > methodology, versions, etc.

> pls. suggest something ,i tried all my possible ways..pls. tell me how
> can i copy a long string that is in memo field of access to oracle.
> Appreciate any suggestion or help.

well i am not sure if this is really the right way but you do seem to have CRLF problems.

i had that problem once and could solve it by using the string replace function in ms access (i do however not remember what it is called right now :))

anyway the clue could be to replace all DOS newlines char(13)char(10) with UNIX ones :) char(10)

try to play with those, probably it helps. rgds, armin

--

my life, my universe, my everything
http://www.dtch.org