SQL*Plus replacement available

From: <no_at_spam.com>
Date: 1 Jun 2004 00:41:00 -0700

View the screenshot and download the beta: http://www.sqlpal.com Download: http://www.sqlpal.com/sqlpal.zip

SQL*Plus doesn't support up arrow for bringing back commands. You can run sqlplus in a DOS window, but then the up arrow brings back lines, not whole statements.

SQLpal meets the following basic needs:

  • up arrow brings back previous command
  • results are displayed in a grid
  • does not require Oracle client to be installed
  • does not require tnsnames.ora, instead just enter the host port and sid
  • displays which database you are connected to, on the title bar
  • can open multiple windows for connecting to multiple databases
  • read-only schema browser, supports editing PL/SQL functions, procedures
  • F7 to view command history
  • can bookmark frequent used sql statements
  • hot key for frequently used sql statements
  • save grid as html
  • one click to open result grid in Excel
  • also has a scratchpad window with syntax highlighting

Please try it and let me know if you consider this a good replacement for SQL*Plus. If not what can we add to meet your needs?

email us: sqlpal <at> sqlpal <dot> com Received on Tue Jun 01 2004 - 09:41:00 CEST

Original text of this message