Re: OMLETv4 The Ultimate Visual Real Time Oracle Monitoring Tool

From: Dusan Bolek <pagesflames_at_usa.net>
Date: 31 May 2004 03:27:26 -0700

"Howard J. Rogers" <hjr_at_dizwell.com> wrote in message news:<40b486fd$0$31680$afc38c87_at_news.optusnet.com.au>...
> All I can say is, I think I'm right again in respect of
> your offering, too. I read the table of contents of your 'tuning with Omlet'
> book, and felt deeply depressed. Ratio after ratio after ratio. One would
> have thought you'd been hiding under a stone for the past couple of years:
> no 'leading expert' who's actually worth the description pays any attention
> to ratios these days.

[Quoted] If you took a look into the References section of the book, you would realise that all referenced books (ones with their release date supplied) are from period 1993 - 1996. Especially very nice are references to the Oracle 7 manuals. Well, some truths in IT are never gonna to change, but still if I remember correcly there was *some* progress in database technology during last ten years. :-)

--
Dusan Bolek