Re: Please Please Help!!! Web Forms 6i Memory Leak

From: anacedent <anacedent_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 17:18:15 -0700

KHURRAM wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We are in serious trouble we are running Application deployed in
> Oracle 9iAS rel 1 with patch 13.
> Application Design in Forms 6i and Deployed in 9iAS middle tier.
> If Some Forms Hangs(on Client site) to get bulk data from database the
> ifweb60.exe process on middle tier start grow and if client close its
> application abnormally, The process start memory leak and its size
> goes up to 1 GB some time(200 - 700 MB) but the process never kill we
> use all windows utility from its resource manager Kill.exe to some
> other third party tools. The kill utility shows the message that
> process killed but its still showing in Task Manager until we
> abnormally shutdown the machine and its already kill our OS twice.
>
> We have Windows 2000 Advance Server with SP3.
>
> Please help me on this issue why the process not kill and continuously
> grow its size.

YES, YES, YES you just stumbled across the BUG that I hit 2 years ago. Oracle's only "advice" is/was to upgrade to 9iAS R2. The memory leak bug is fixed in R2 but many, many, many new bugs were introduced, because R2 is a 100% total re-write. By my estimation R2 is a classic case of buggy, buggy, buggy V1.0 s/w. Received on Sat May 29 2004 - 02:18:15 CEST

Original text of this message