Re: SQL *Loader load data from MVS EBCDIC files

From: Davis <davis_at_sqlmagic.com>
Date: 27 May 2004 08:33:32 -0700

kunjumon_at_alex4all.com (Kunj) wrote in message news:<f0988061.0405270054.3e71567a_at_posting.google.com>...
> Could any tell me how to load data into oracle 9i. The data is
> unloaded from DB2/MVS 5 environment.
>
> Please explain the steps
>
> Regards
> Kunj

If you really mean EBCDIC, then you may have a problem. I could not find any reference to EBCDIC in the Oracle documentation for SQL*Loader.

If you would be willing to look at an alternative, our Super*SQL product will export data from DB2 and import it into any version of Oracle very easily. You would need the JDBC driver for DB2, which is a free download. We would be very interested in helping you with this project as we have not done very much testing against DB2. For more information, visit www.sqlmagic.com.

If you are interested in pursuing this project, send me E-mail directly at Davis_at_sqlmagic.com. Received on Thu May 27 2004 - 17:33:32 CEST

Original text of this message