OEM duplicate database names

From: Chloe Crowder <chloe.crowder_at_bl.uk>
Date: 18 May 2004 01:10:11 -0700

Hi

This is all 8.1.7

I have a OEM installation which manages (among others) three servers: i1, i2, i3. Each of these servers has three databases a1, a2, a3 (the same three names on each server). When I try to discover databases on the second or third server in EM, I get a message about the database name already existing. I can get round this by manually configuring the database names within a node, but when I try to link to the Agent on manually configured nodes it can't find the agent.

I'm sure this is a relatively simple configuration issue, but I still consider Oracle networking one of the arcane arts, and am not sure what needs configuring where.

Any advice gratefully received.

Chloe Crowder
The British Library Received on Tue May 18 2004 - 10:10:11 CEST

Original text of this message