SQL Query Problem

From: bnp <bhaviknpatel_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 16 May 2004 21:46:52 -0700

[Quoted] Hi All,

I am a trainee programmer working SQL
[Quoted] [Quoted] I was given a set of queries to solve for following 3 tables

TBL_Authors(table 1)
[Quoted] author_id(primary key) author_name author_address

TBL_Books (table 2)
book_id(primary key) book_name book_synopsys book_pub_date

TBL_Author_Book_Link (table 3)
author_id(not null) book_id (not null)

Following are the constraints to solve the query
- GROUP BY is not allowed.

  • An author may have written multiple books
  • A book may be written by multiple authors.

The query is as below:
- Find all authors who have not written specific book(i.e. a book_id
OR book_name) or are not associated with specified book.

I tried it for long time, but was not able to solve it.

Please help me to solve this problem.

Thanks & Regards,

Bhavik Received on Mon May 17 2004 - 06:46:52 CEST

Original text of this message