Looking for a db schema read/write/synch tool

From: Chad Smith <itclguy_at_comcast.net>
Date: 13 May 2004 12:02:09 -0700

Hello,

[Quoted] [Quoted] I'm relatively new to the database world so please forgive me in [Quoted] advance for my ignorance. I have recently been tasked at my job with finding a tool that will perform the following tasks: 1) extract schemas from a db, 2) produce a difference report between schemas from two databases, and 3) synchronize two schemas. The purpose is for product upgrades during which an existing database schema will need to be synchronized with a baseline schema.

The tool must support the following database vendors (versions given in parenthesis): Oracle (8i/9i), Sybase (12.x), Informix (9.x), MSS 2000, and IBM DB2 (7/8).

[Quoted] I have spent the last several days downloading and researching a variety of tools such as Aqua Data Studio, DbVisualizer, DBExplorer, DBDiff, and AdeptSQL. I thought it would be a good idea to post a message to a few database newsgroups and ask for any recommendations database developers may have.

So if anyone has any recommendations on such a tool or software package, I would greatly appreciate any information.

Thanks!
Chad Smith Received on Thu May 13 2004 - 21:02:09 CEST

Original text of this message