Re: Put the result of a query in a XML file

From: Zifnab <Zifnab.165yhz_at_mail.mcse.ms>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 10:51:16 -0500

I have this little problem.
I have a table, i place the result of this query, "select * from table", into "queryCtx DBMS_XMLquery.ctxType" with this instruction
"queryCtx := DBMS_XMLQuery.newContext('select * from table );"
ok.
i must place in a XML file this..
i create the file with the package UTL_File with the instruction "v_file := UTL_File.Fopen(path,'text.xml','w')" but i don't know in which mode i must can insert the generated query into the file in XML format

Initially, i use the instructions "result:= DBMS_XMLQuery.getXML(queryCtx);" and i use "utl_file.put (v_file,Queryctx);"
but this last instruction for second argument want a Varchar2 and the
"DBMS_XMLQuery.GetXML" put in "result" a CLOB datatype.

Help me Please :)

I hope you understand this confusing post

Don't blame me for my english, thanks :P

--
Zifnab