nonblocking calls in OCI

From: Volker Hetzer <volker.hetzer_at_ieee.org>
Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 17:31:58 +0200

Hi!
We are trying to use the nonblocking feature of OCI. the doc says that while busy, *any* call to an oci function will return OCI_STILL_EXECUTING and the example shows the same call (OCIStmtExecute) being called over and over again.
I'm a bit hesitant to use this because from the logic I think it means I try (if the original statement was an insert) to insert over and over again.
Is it guaranteed that OCI treats this as a polling request and won't insert again if it has finished the first call?

Lots of Greetings!
Volker Received on Thu May 06 2004 - 17:31:58 CEST

Original text of this message