Re: implementing row level security

From: Jan <janik_at_pobox.sk>
Date: 30 Apr 2004 02:43:26 -0700

I had similar dilema, our model was quite complex (tree structure with some child tables) and we had to solve security on the node level. All the data were accessed through stored procedure (Insert, Update, Delete, Select). We started with Oracle RLS but after we decided to use our own solution
- one simple table with the node privileges and procedure for checking those rights.
We just put this checking procedure into our Insert/Update/Delete/Select procedures - that was the only way how to access the data. No grants on tables and schema locked.

jan