Re: Dev2000 Installation problem

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 2004 16:12:14 -0800

Simonbr120 wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm installing Oracle Developer/2000 Release 2.1 onto Personal Oracle 8
> (V8.0.4.0.0), under Windows ME.
>
> The error message I get during installation is:
>
> "Orainst has caused an error in KERNEL32.DLL. Orainst will now close.
> If you continue to experience problems, try restarting your computer."
>
> I'd be very grateful for any suggestions anyone can offer.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Simon

Get a copy of Linux and the box may be usable for something other than a doorstop.

You will need a real computer for Oracle software.

BTW: The products you are installing are antiquities and no Oracle software has ever been certified for ME.

What do you get when you mix Windows CE, ME, and NT? CEMENT.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu