Re: Server Manager

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 07:02:02 -0800

Jan Gelbrich wrote:
> <snip>
>

>>Server Manager is gone: Forever.
>>So is internal.

> Right. But ...
>

>>So are dictionary managed tablespaces, RBO ...

> </snip>
>
> Really ? AFAIK, DMTs are only _depreciated_ , but still _avaibale_
> and still default in 9i (!).
>
> Please correct me if I am wrong.
> Arenīt DMTs and "many other antiquities" gone with 10g rather than with 9i ?
>
> Just curious,
> Jan

9i? 9i is years old. I'm talking 10g. While some of these relics remained in 9i to help DBAs and developers with the transition. Those interested in continuing to work with Oracle jumped on the 9i release to leave these things in the past.

And Mark's guess was wrong. Bad night? Heck no ... I had one of the best nights of my life. And that's all I say because I don't kiss and tell. ;-)

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu