Re: Server Manager

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 11:48:42 -0800

Redd wrote:
> We recently upgraded to Oracle 9i and have found that the svrmgr
> tool no longer exists. I wanted to know if there was a way to copy
> the svrmgr tool from the Oracle 8i bin directory to Oracle 9i bin
> directory and make it work with Oracle 9i. Maybe some other
> DLLs need to be copied as well or an entry made in one of the
> system tables. Does anybody know a way.
>
> --
> javatek?_at_usa.com

[Quoted] The announcement of server manager's demise was made well over 4 years [Quoted] [Quoted] ago.What cave have you been living in? Server Manager is gone: Forever. So is internal. So are rollback tablespaces and rollback segments. [Quoted] So is the Rule Based Optimizer. So are dictionary managed tablespaces, temp tablespaces, and numerous other antiquities.

Unless you like the sound of "Would you like fries with that" you need to keep current and not try to keep doing Oracle version 7 stuff in 9i and 10g.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu