procedure based block locking

From: Chris Boyle <cboyle_at_hargray.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 10:55:21 -0500

[Quoted] Good morning,

[Quoted] I have a form block that is based on a procedure that passes a table of records in and out. This form is going to be used by multiple user looking [Quoted] at the same data so an on-lock procedure has been included as part of the [Quoted] [Quoted] package. This is working when user B tries to update the same record that [Quoted] user A is in the process of updating. I can catch the ora 00054 exception [Quoted] and prevent B from doing anything as long as the record is locked. What I [Quoted] have not figured out is how to force B to re-query the record after A has [Quoted] updated and committed it. Since the block data is stored in a pl/sql table [Quoted] [Quoted] it does not automatically pick up the changes so I can have a phantom update [Quoted] occur. Is there a standard way to handle this type of processing that I [Quoted] have not yet found? If so, could you point me in the right direction or provide some ideas on how you handle this?

Thanks Received on Sat Mar 20 2004 - 16:55:21 CET

Original text of this message