Re: Forms6i and search path for icons

From: Rolf Unger <rolf.unger_at_ctilabs.de>
Date: 18 Mar 2004 11:14:33 -0800

Smiley <anoniemke888getridofthis_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<4058e29d$0$9516$3a628fcd_at_reader1.nntp.hccnet.nl>...
> Rolf Unger wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > just trying to migrate from Forms5.0 to Forms6i ... [some curses] ...
> >
> > Why is it such a pain to get the paths straight?
> > The installer doesn't set any "Forms60_path" in the registry (okay, guess
> > this is the right place to mention that I'm running on win2k).
> > Neither the topics "Forms_path" nor "search_path" are listed as index
> > in the online help.
> >
> > [ ... ]
> >
> > I'm probably not the first one to bump into this upgrading problems.
> > Is there any FAQ or something similar? I guess not from Oracle, but
> > maybe from someone independent?
> >
> > Thanks, Rolf.
>
> Try UI_ICON
>
> Ron

Yes, thanks. UI_ICON is the right environment variable.

I looked under "Icons, ICO files" in the online help, because I thought this is the best matching topic for my problem. And yes, I found there near by the end:

Note: On Microsoft Windows, the lookup path for icon files is defined   by the UI60_ICON environment variable located in the ORACLE.INI file,   or in the Microsoft Windows 32-bit registry. When you enter the name   of the icon file in the Icon Filename property, do not include the path   or .ICO file extension.

.. and thought this would apply to my problem.

After your answer, i browsed through the help again, and found one topic that was directly entitled with UI_ICON. (Yes, it contained the correct description, that UI_ICON needs to be set as search path for icons).

Then I tried my approach from yesterday once again and figured out, that the link in the help index is not working correctly. If I click on "Icons, ICO files" I end up in a help topic with the title "Associating an icon with a window".

This is another subtopic under the parent topic "Icons". Of course I optimistically assumed that I read something on icons, when I click on "Icons, Ico files".

Anyway, lessons learned!

Thanks again, Rolf. Received on Thu Mar 18 2004 - 20:14:33 CET

Original text of this message