Re: Oracle Reports and tnsping

From: AnaCDent <anacedent_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 17:40:37 -0800

STOP top posting!

hswong wrote:
> Sorry, didn't realize that it was OS or OS version specific.
> We are trying it out on Windows 2000 Professional. The version of
> Oracle Reports is 6i.
>
> AFAIK it is possible to invoke a remote server using the parameter
> server=... with rwclient.
>
> hs
>
> "Ana C. Dent" <anacedent_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<BIG4c.24795$BA.19232_at_fed1read03>...
>

>>hswong wrote:
>>
>>>Hi all,
>>>
>>>I am trying to use rwclient with a remote Oracle Reports server but
>>>cannot connect to it (rwclient just hangs).
>>>
>>>I configured the report server in tnsnames.ora. I would like to know
>>>if tnsping works with the Oracle Reports Server just as it would with
>>>a database instance?
>>>
>>>Any other help is appreciated here. Thanks
>>
>>No OS or OS version mentioned.
>>No version of "Oracle Reports server" specified.
>>:-(
>>
>>AFAIK rwclient only runs locally on the middle tier system.
>>To submit a report from a remote host where no Reports Server
>>is installed, it needs to be done via http invoking rwservlet.

You don't know what you don't know!

 > AFAIK it is possible to invoke a remote server using the parameter  > server=... with rwclient.

Which part of "rwclient only runs locally on the middle tier system" do you not understand?

The name/value pair for "server=" exists becuase mutiple Reports Server engines/processes can be concurrently running on the same system. Using server=queue1 and server=queue2 allows multiple reports to be be processed at the same time. Received on Thu Mar 18 2004 - 02:40:37 CET

Original text of this message