Re: Access to heterogeneous data sources - XML

From: DFS <nospam_at_nospam.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 17:56:52 -0500

"Andrea M. Segovia" <andrea_at_mun.ca> wrote in message news:7589088f.0403151150.279f7bd9_at_posting.google.com...

> Unfortunately, there is no way to persuade clients who want to use a
> grenade instead of a fly-swatter to kill a fly because the grenade is
> "cooler" and "newer technology" - common sense arguments do not always
> hold sway.

heh... too funny. I've been experiencing the same thing lately.

A client recently insisted on using XML to transfer a few dozen inserts/updates/deletes each night. Rather than sending a flat text file with a transaction indicator field (such as X,I,D) they built a DTD and a Java XML parser and all this other code - and I was forced to work with it, too. At least in this case, it was a big waste of time and money. Received on Mon Mar 15 2004 - 23:56:52 CET

Original text of this message