Re: complete newbie

From: Jackie <jackie_at_nospaplanet51.zzn.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 19:43:15 -0000

[Quoted] "Turkbear" <john.g_at_dot.spamfree.com> wrote in message news:k72v409j8uhftn0gi5ofnlh4g3388137aa_at_4ax.com...
> "Jackie" <jackie_at_nospaplanet51.zzn.com> wrote:
>

> >"Turkbear" <john.g_at_dot.spamfree.com> wrote in message

Reports
> >the
> >field.

> >building.
> >> >

> >> Did you, in addition to what you listed, actually create a database?
> > Yes I did create a database it is called jackie. there is also one
called
> >orac created when I installed the program.
> >
> >Jackie
> >
> Did you run the Sqlnet configuration wizard and, if so, what alias did you
assign to those instances -
> As a quick check, look into <youroraclehome>/network/admin
> for a file called tnsnames.ora and see what aliases are in it.
> Use one of those as the connect database entry.
Hi I have still not managed to get any further with connecting to make reports. Nor have I been able to find the Sqlnet configuration wizard. Perhaps it is on my computer with a different name. Is there default settings I could use? I aready use system as user and manager as password and orac as host string. These do not allow access to report builder. I get an error message

REP-0501: Unable to connect to the specified database.

ORA-12154: TNS: could not resolve service name any further suggestions? Received on Fri Mar 12 2004 - 20:43:15 CET

Original text of this message