Re: SQLPlus and DSL interner connection in local usage

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 14:42:53 -0800

Pete wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Can anyone please tell me what "switch" should I put and were in
> configuration files that SQLPlus would work locally in my PC?
>
> Situation is following: I have a WinXP PC that is connected to Interned via
> DSL-modem. When I start using SQLPlus and try to log in into it, SQLPlus
> gives TNS listener not found errors. If I disconnect my PC from Internet
> (disconnecting DSL) SQLPlus runs in my PC locally like I want it to run.
>
> So, where to give that configuration information that tells SQLPlus that I'm
> running it and Oracle DB locally?
>
> Thanks,

I'm sure many people would like to help you but you haven't provided enough information for us to do more than shoot back questions.

    [Quoted]
  1. What version of XP? Oracle is not certified on home though it sometimes/often runs on it anyway.
  2. What version and edition of Oracle?
  3. Where is the Oracle database and what does DSL have to do with it? [Quoted]
  4. Do yo have a DBA and if so why hasn't that person helped you?
--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu