Re: History functionality

From: Justin Cave <jcave_at_ddbcinc.com>
Date: 10 Mar 2004 15:20:43 -0800

Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:<1078902839.82916_at_yasure>...
> > Hello Daniel,
> >
> > what does the abbreviation LT mean?
> >
> > Harald
>
> It means the development team used the initials LT and that later on
> there was so much code referring to it no one wanted to change it to
> something more meaningful.
>
> Likely no one but the developers and a handful of people in Redwood
> Shores know.

I believe Workspace Manager was developed in the New England Development Center by a bunch of RDB refugees. My recollection is that the original name of the project was Long Transaction, which is what I assume LT stood for. As a side note, my understanding is that it was originally envisioned as an adjunct to interMedia Spatial to support long transactions there and was then made a general-purpose tool later in its lifecycle.

Justin Cave
Distributed Database Consulting, Inc.
http://www.ddbcinc.com/askDDBC Received on Thu Mar 11 2004 - 00:20:43 CET

Original text of this message