Re: Crystal Reports integration with Oracle 9iAS

From: Mark C. Stock <mcstockX_at_Xenquery>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 08:28:57 -0500

[Quoted] "mackkm" <ken.mack_at_mwaa.com> wrote in message news:9cdfd987.0403031033.343e6dcc_at_posting.google.com...
| We have developed many Crystal Reports w/ CR 8.5. These were all run
| against an Oracle 8i database through an Oracle 6i Forms. We are now
| moving to Oracle 9i database and Oracle 9i Application Server. Have
| moved the Forms 6i to the Application Server and everything works
| great except the reports.

| I would like to avoid redoing all of the many complex reports in
| Oracle. What alternatives do we have?

first, be careful about cross-posting... some folks go ballistic

it looks like you need to determine Crystal Reports capabilities for running as a reports server (rather than in client/server mode), then implement all user interface items for launching the report in forms, and (depending on Crystal Reports' capabilities) have forms invoke cyrstal reports to serve up the results via a browser window

i would think your best bet is to investigate this in a crystal reports forum

;-{ mcs Received on Thu Mar 04 2004 - 14:28:57 CET

Original text of this message