Extending Active Directory Schema with Oracle Net Configuration Assistant

From: Hermann Schneider <hermann.schneider_at_tsn.at>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 20:01:22 GMT

Hi.

My test environment:
>> Windows 2000 Server with MS Active Directory (test domain oracle.local)
>> Windows 2000 Poffessional with Oracle 9i Database (member of the test
domain oracle.local)

I want to configure the Database for authentification with AD. To accomplish this, I use the Oracle Net Configuration Assistant. Unfortunately, this doesn't work. The Assistant fails with a message like "oracle.net.config.ConfigException: the schema must be updated from a .... ". I tried everything quoted on this topic in Oracle's Metalink. Unfortunately, it still doesn't work.

Any hints?

Thanks in advance
Hermann