TNS_ADMIN and OEM

From: Joop Gijsbers <jgnospam_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 22:00:14 +0100

I am using a central , shared tnsnames.ora with a multihome Oracle client (both 8.1.7 as 9.1.2) on Windows 2000.

I have set in both user environment as system environment the TNS_ADMIN variable directed to the directory of that shared tnsnames.ora (and also sqlnet.ora):
TNS_ADMIN=M:\ORA_ADMIN
Dba studio of the 8.1.7 clinet recognizes and uses that central tnsnames.ora, but the OEM console (stand alone) says he uses that central tnsnames.ora, but in reality when i add a database to the tree, he makes a new tnsnames.ora with that entry in c:\oracle\ora92\network\admin and i cannot connect to that database, unless i do a manual copy of that entry to the central tnsnames.ora.

I looked in the registry for conflicting TNS_ADMIN enttires, but i did not find them.

Who has a clue? Received on Tue Feb 17 2004 - 15:00:14 CST